Pushnews is a web push notifications provider. With push notifications you can increase your website traffic by bringing your users back. Pushnews has a simple and intuitive interface — no development experience is required!
- Sending web push notifications
- Customizable opt-in widget
- Schedule push notifications
- Weekly recurring notifications planner
- Push OnSite — Push notifications directly on your website without the need for user opt-in
- Push Mail — Capture your visitors email addresses and send them beautiful emails
- Regional segmentation
- Advanced segmentation
- Device Target
- Custom Templates
- Create an account at Pushnews
- Install the Pushnews plugin from the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the Pushnews plugin folder to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin and set the desired configurations.
Where do I create a Pushnews account?
You can create a Pushnews account at https://app.pushnews.eu/register
How do I send a push notification?
In your wordpress dashboard, go to the Pushnews menu and click “Send Push”. Then, login with your Pushnews credentials.
Contributors & Developers
“Pushnews” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Pushnews” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Pushnews” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Config checkboxes should maintain their state when saving post as a draft
- Added “Don’t replace previous push” checkbox on create/update post so push won’t replace previous one
- Added “allow duplicate Push” checkbox on create/update post so user can control whether to have a duplicate push or not
- Added “ignoreWarningSameHashPush” option to the payload to allow for duplicate pushes.
- Added a log file to help with debug
- Fixed sending push on scheduled posts
- Changed API domain to a temporary one (previous one was still not working)
- Changed API domain to a temporary one
- Tested OK up to WordPress 6.0
- Added two activation toggles: tag inject (frontend) and metabox inject (backend)
- Improved translations
- Minor code improvements
- Fixed PHP Notice on undefined index
- Updated WordPress plugin directory image assets
- Fixed support links
- Updated ServiceWorker URL
- Tested OK up to WordPress 5.8.1
- Tested OK up to WordPress 5.8
- Added alternative string trimming with “substr” instead of “mb_strimwidth” for installations without “mbstring” PHP module
- Tested OK up to WordPress 5.7.1
- Stripping shortcodes from post body while converting it to Push
- Added a fallback function for determine_locale since it is only available on wordpress 5.0.0
- Fixed a deprecation warning
- Ensured 100% compatibility with WordPress 5.4
- Changed Service Worker importScripts URL
- Updated technical domain from “pushnews.eu” to “pn.vg”
- Bugfix: Was sending recovery push always after a minute
- Added WooCommerce integration allowing for abandoned cart recovery Push Notification
- Redesigned admin interface
- Removing &htmlentities; before calling push send api
- Translations were not working
- Added “max push title characters” and “max push body characters” to advanced configuration
- Now we are trimming Push title (max 50 chars), and body (max 145 chars)
- Saving “send push”/”send email” checks on custom post drafts
- Preventing Push/Email send while saving a draft post
- Added support for custom post types
- Fixed date comparison (now using GMT)
- Fixed bad production API endpoint
- Fixed sending Push after editing a Post
- Added support for WordPress 5
- Updated API url
- Allowing Push/Email sending after editing a Post
- Enhanced Push/Email sending for scheduled Posts
- Editing a scheduled Post will now show if it has scheduled Push/Email
- Added Service Worker under “/wp-content/plugins/pushnews/sdk/pushnews-sw.js.php” (preparing for future native Widget Support)
- Added plugin version to tag
- No longer pre-checking “Send Push” and “Send Pushmail” checkboxes
- Updated Push Notifications plugin behaviour, now sending featured image as SuperPush
- Fixed some issues regarding updated posts
- Fixed some issues regarding scheduled posts
- Fixed some issues regarding the automatic push notifications
- Added send automatic push mail feature on new post publish
- Added send automatic push notification feature on new post publish
- Simplified tag installation so it only requires the App ID
- Making sure all tag configuration elements are trimmed before printed
- Removed short array syntax to allow compatibility with PHP 5.3
- Updated API domain
- First plugin release