With Map My Posts, you can easily create maps plotting the location of your posts, based upon your existing tags or categories.
- 3 map types available: Google Maps, Google Static Maps (PNG image), and Geochart Visualizations.
- Embed maps on any page using the shortcodes [mmp-map], [mmp-staticmap], and [mmp-geochart]
- Associate with a country or any specific map location.
- Map My Posts uses existing category or tag names to help define country associations.
- Widgets available to display maps in the sidebar.
- Full control over size, colors, and click functions.
- Perfect for travel bloggers, touring musicians, or anyone else that wants to Map My Posts!
Please leave a message on the wordpress.org support forum for Map My Posts
- WordPress 3.0 or higher
- PHP 5.1.2 or higher
- Download Map My Posts to
/wp-content/plugins/directory and activate plugin.
- Go to the Map My Posts Settings Menu and enter Google API Key and specify defaults.
- There is a courtesy limit of 25,000 Google Maps, Geocoding API, and Google Static Map requests per day. Google API keys are available through the APIs console
- Under Posts->Categories or Posts->Tags, associate your existing taxonomy with locations. You can also add new categories or tags with locations for Map My Posts in this area.
- Add one of the Map My Posts widgets to the sidebar, if desired.
- Edit a post or page and add a Map My Posts shortcode.
More information is available at the Map My Posts guide on Around This World.
Contributors & Developers
“Map My Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Map My Posts” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Map My Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Fixed admin category/tag geocoding
Fixed issues with Google API Key
Adjusted admin permissions. Spanish translation thanks to Web Hosting Hub!
Fixed bug: shortcode not appearing in correct location on pages and posts.
Included POT file for plugin translation.
Removed assets directory from plugin package to reduce filesize.
Initial public release.