Save time setting up new sites by automatically downloading groups of plugins. Add new plugins by adding the slug from the plugin’s url in the WordPress plugin directory. For instance, the plugin “All In One SEO Pack” is listed here:
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/. Add “All In One SEO Pack” to an installation profile by adding
all-in-one-seo-pack in the plugins field (one plugin per line).
WP Install Profiles (WPIP) allows users to define groups of plugins, called profiles. Once a profile has been entered, WPIP calls to the WordPress Plugin Directory, downloads the plugin files and unzips them to the site’s plugins folder. Additionally, WPIP saves the profile in a downloadable format, so you can upload it to your next site and download the same plugins with a single click.
Store your profiles online at http://plugins.ancillaryfactory.com and import them easily into all of your WordPress installs. Learn more and create an account
See Install Profiles in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-mBhPA1XGA
Required PHP libraries
These libraries are installed by default on most shared hosting accounts, but they may need to be installed manually if your site is hosted by certain providers, including Media Temple.
If you are unable to save or import profiles, you may need to set
wp-content/plugins/install-profiles/profiles to 777.
install-profilesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ Admin screen
- Go to Plugins -> Bulk Install Profiles
Contributors & Developers
“WP Install Profiles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Readme correction. Thanks, Almaz!
- UPDATE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Now supports Filesystem API for compatibility with multiple hosting environments
- Minor UI updates
- UI fixes
- Changes to plugin download method
- New tabbed UI
- More security updates
- Major security enhancements — Thanks, Julio!
- When downloading a profile of the current site, you can now choose from a list of all plugins, both active and inactive. Great idea, Marikamitsos!
- Bugfixes for Windows hosting environments
- Save profiles online
- Minor security improvements
Added feature to download the profile of the current site, to easily set up a new site based on an existing site’s profile
Better handling of plugin names
- First release