Icon Widget creates a new WordPress widget that displays an icon, title and description. Select the size, color and text-alignment with easy to use dropdown options.
Icon Fonts Included
- Font Awesome 4 & 5
- Line Awesome
- Streamline Icons
- ET Line Icons
More coming soon. We are open to suggestions.
Since 1.0.6 you can now use the
icon_widget shortcode. Below is a list of available attributes with their default values:
- classes => ‘icon-widget’
- title => ‘Icon Widget’
- content => ‘Add a short description.’
- icon => ‘fa-star’
- weight => ‘600’
- size => ‘2x’
- align => ‘center’
- color => ‘#333333’
- bg => ”
- padding => ”
- radius => ”
- heading => ‘h4’
- break => ‘
Here is an example of the icon widget shortcode using all available parameters:
[icon_widget classes="icon-widget" title="Icon Widget" content="Add a short description" icon="fa-star" weight="600" size="2x" align="center" color="#fff" bg="#333" padding="30" radius="30" heading="h4" break="<br>"]
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin or descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen.
- Find the WordPress Plugin you wish to install.
- Click Details for more information about the Plugin and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Can you add an Icon block?
Yes, we are working on it! In the meantime, the
[icon_widget]shortcode can be used in the Shortcode Block.
How do I change the icon font?
The icon font can be changed from Settings > Icon Widget.
Can you add another icon font?
Yes, we will add additional icon fonts upon request.
Contributors & Developers
“Icon Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Icon Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3.0 — 3 January 2023
- Fix: Escape all shortcode attributes
- Added font weight setting
- Refactor loops in admin widget view
- Fixed escaping quotes issue in widget content.
- Fixed default font family in admin widget view.
- Fixed quotes issue in widget.
- Fixed quotation marks bug.
- Fixed broken settings link.
- Added link setting.
- Refactor widget to use shortcode.
- Added Font Awesome 5
- Refactored entire plugin.
- Added ET Line icons font.
- Refactor some reusable code.
- Added background color, padding and border radius options.
- Fixed deprecated create_function in PHP7.2
- Added conditional exit to settings file.
- Added streamline icons.
- Fixed scripts and styles loading on all admin screens.
- Added filters for plugin defaults.
- Added filterable default settings.
- Added Ionicons font.
- Added settings page.
- Fixed multiple color picker instances.
- Removed caching and clean up output.
- Initial release.