Depending on your needs, this plugin is useful for:
- updating the version value to an incrementing number (with a single click) for cache-busting purposes (this is the default value)
- removing the version parameter for optimization purposes
- option to disable modifying the url without disabling the plugin
The plugin has been tested extensively with WP_DEBUG enabled and works seamlessly with multi-site network setup.
For questions, suggestions or issues with this plugin, visit the plugin support page or contact me at wp [dot] joesat [at] gmail [dot ]com.
Upload ‘wp-version-in-query-string-modifier’ folder to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
Activate the plugin through ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Admin
You’re good to go! Verify static resources’ URI via your web page’s sourc code
(optional) Select your preference via the Settings page (/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=wpvqsm_)
Does this plugin work with multi-site setup?
Was did plugin tested with debug option enabled?
Where is the admin page located?
In the admin panel, go to Settings -> WP Version Modifier.
Why is the default value for cache buster option set to 007?
007 is an iconic and significant number — James Bond’s callsign.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Version in Query String Modifier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Version in Query String Modifier” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- can now generate unique string via time() value appended in the ver query string. Please note that enabling this option may have performance setbacks. Use accordingly.
- now really working for multisite install 🙂
- yet another update to readme.txt
- updated readme.txt
- removed unused contant WPVQSM_LONG_NAME
- updated plugin screenshots — again (this is my first plugin and am still learning)
- updated plugin screenshots
- updated readme to include more info and corrected typos
- First release