WP Social sharing adds very attractive responsive social share buttons of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Xing, Reddit and Pinterest to wordpress posts, page, media or any custom post type. This is very lightweight and simple social sharing plugin. This plugin provide option whether you want to include plugin CSS/JS or not.
Most of the social sharing plugins uses images/api to display social share buttons, but this plugin created large social sharing buttons using CSS3. Also these social sharing buttons are responsive. For device width less than 480px these buttons converted into their respective icons.
- Social sharing support for Facebook, Linkedin, Reddit, Twitter, Xing and Pinterest.
- Auto display to Post, Page, Media and Custom Post type.
- Custom Social Button text.
- 100% responsive.
- Reorder Social icon order easily.
- No Image, button created using CSS3. For device width less than 480px, this plugin used one single image to display social icons.
- Provide Shortcode, can integrated with any theme easily.
- Social icon can be add before and after content
- Add text before share buttons
You can also use following shortcode
[wp_social_sharing social_options='facebook,twitter,linkedin,pinterest,xing,reddit' twitter_username='arjun077' facebook_text='Share on Facebook' twitter_text='Share on Twitter' linkedin_text='Share on Linkedin' pinterest_text="Share on Pinterest" xing_text="Share on Xing" reddit_text="Share on Reddit" icon_order='f,t,l,p,x,r' show_icons='0' before_button_text='' text_position='' social_image='']
- Fill up this form to leave comments,ask question,suggest new feature or directly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing the plugin
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for WP Social Sharing and click “Install now”
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
wp-social-sharing.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
/wp-content/plugins/. Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Social Sharing” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.2 — Februry 20, 2019
- Remove Google Plus
2.1 — November 11, 2017
- Fix Mobile Button
2.0 — November 11, 2017
- Add Reddit Social Network Sharing
- New Google Plus Icon
1.9 — September 26, 2015
- Add Xing Social Network Sharing
1.8 — August 18, 2015
- Add Text Position option in Settings page and Also in shortcode
- Add Social icon position option (Global Option)
1.7 — June 24, 2015
- Add Text Before sharing buttons
1.6 — February 10, 2015
- Add Pinterest share button
- Update button CSS
1.5 — January 19, 2015
- Fixed button text
1.4 — November 20, 2014
- Fixed post title encoding in social sharing
1.3 — November 3, 2014
- Add Linkedin share button.
- Update CSS
1.2 — August 8, 2014
- Fixed empty shortcode.
- Add option for always display social icons.
- Update plugin shortcode. Add show_icons field.
1.1 — July 14, 2014
- Fixed facebook share for mobile devices
- Add Icon order functionality. Now user can reorder the social icon.
- Add settings link on plugin page.
- Update plugin shortcode. Add icon_order field
1.0 — June 30, 2014
- First release.