This plugin allows you to add and image as background of posts, pages or custom post type in general (in the same way as a thumbnail).
- This is a rewrite of my old plugin Post Background which I do not have access anymore. *
- Download the plugin from here.
- Extract all the files.
- Upload everything (keeping the directory structure) to the
- There should be a
/wp-content/plugins/wp-post-brackgrounddirectory now with
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. A box will be added to the page edition.
- How it works?
Exactly in the same way that thumbnails works. It includes the
get_the_post_background_srcfunction which return the url of the background and the
get_the_post_background_idfunction which return the id of the attachment.
- Do I have embed the same background if I a page inherits its parent background?
No. You can pass true as second parameter on
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Post Background” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Post Background” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 1.0.0 Initial release