Get the speed benefits of loading jQuery (and jQuery Migrate) from a CDN while providing a fallback to the local version in the event the CDN is down. It also uses the same version as WordPress does — automagically, so you’re never out of sync.
Loading jQuery from cdnjs
- Upload the
wp-jquery-plusfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Can you add `feature-x`?
Sure! I’m always open to knew ideas. Just create a new forum post and I’ll take a gander.
Contributors & Developers
“WP jQuery Plus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Restore PHP 5.3 compatability because I’m a nice guy 😉
- Quick-note about PHP 5.4 requirement
- Tested in 3.8
- Updated description about fallback use-case.
- Make sure jQuery is enqueued
- This puppy should be ready to go! Now considered feature-complete.
- Added 3.6 check (since the jQuery handle was changed) and updated accordingly to work in both 3.5 and 3.6.
- Source credits given for local fallback
- Updated readme requirements
- Added local fallback to bundled jQuery in the event CDN is down
- Test push using https://github.com/benbalter/Github-to-WordPress-Plugin-Directory-Deployment-Script
- Removed CURL function (if Google is down, the entire Internet is down)
- Initial release