Allows display of a interactive chessgame using the ChessFlash PGN viewer in posts and comments. Most of the settings of the Chessflash can be set either through adding parameters to the [pgn] tags or through the options page.
NB ChessFlash PGN viewer has been followed up by KnightVision, this plugin still uses the older version.
- paste pgn-code between [pgn] [/pgn] tags
- use of parameters with their default values: [pgn height=350 tabmode=false flipboard=false initialply=22]…[/pgn]
- additional parameters (puzzle, twoboards, boardonly) must first be allowed in options page
- colors and piece characters can be set in options page
- Upload directory
wp-chessflashto to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Customize the viewer through the options page in the ‘Settings’ menu in WordPress
- ChessFlash has been replaced with KnightVision. Why doesn’t this plugin use that newer viewer?
I plan to update to the KnightVision version, but then I will probably use a new name for the plugin as well.
- Why can’t I see the vieuwer on mobile devices?
The viewer uses Flash, which unfortunately doesn’t work on tablets and mobile phones.
- Why are the chess pieces different from those on [chessflash.com](http://chessflash.com/chessflash.html)?
I recompiled chessflash.swf with a different piece set for use in Jin: merida.ead-01.zip. The original piece set didn’t match the diagrams I use on the website of my chess club. You can replace chessflash.swf in the plugin directory with the original version to get the original pieces.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-ChessFlash” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- bug fixes for WordPress 4.0.1
- fixed the checkboxes to allow ‘boardonly’ and ‘puzzle’ tags
- added some text to explain ‘initialply=xx’ option
- using Chessflash version 2.16 with Merida piece set
- new parameter (initalply=xx)to start the player at specific ply number
- using Chessflash version 2.13 (now possible to change piece characters);
- introduced options page to set colors and piece characters and allow extra parameters;
- added transparency to flash object to avoid dropdown menus falling behind object;
- known issue: Firefox has problem with transparency -> playback with arrowkeys is not OK (one click is 2 plies). This is an known Firefox problem, not yet fixed in Firefox 3.5.2.
- added possibility to change some of the parameters with attributes in the [pgn] opening tag. Eg [pgn height=350 tabmode=false flipboard=false] [/pgn].
- resolved the problem of the replacement of ‘…’ by WordPress.
- resolved the problem of pgn-files being too big by using a more low-level approach at filtering out the pgn-codes. Problem was caused by a memory limit in preg_replace_callback;
- known issue: wordpress removes … and replaces this with something else. The chesscode works anyway.
- encoding of the pgn-data now in plugin, so you can paste in normal pgn-data between the tags;
- bug: does not work with larger pgn-data, not caused by Chessflash.swf -> has to do something with the way the pgn-data is filtered from the content.
- reworked code from plugin show-fen a bit to find the pgn-code in between [pgn] [/pgn] tags;
- seems to work with using ChessFlash.swf locally and pasting encoded pgn-data (from http://chessflash.com/chessflash.html).