Allow users to check domain name availability directly from your website. Availability is shown without redirecting users. With the use of widgets you can add the domain search to multiple locations on your website. You can also quickly check domain availability yourself using the admin dashboard widget. This plugin is multisite compatible and free.
WordPress Domain Search is powered by NerdWarehouse.com. Nerd Warehouse is a low-cost domain registrar and hosting provider that specializes in WordPress Hosting. Data centers in the United States, Europe, and the Asian-Pacific support our massive cloud hosting network and we offer localized 24/7 phone support.
Normal plugin installation.
Domain Search Widget
- Activate the widget via the “Appearance” menu in WordPress.
- Adjust options to your liking.
- You’re Done!
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Domain Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Domain Search” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Multisite compatible.
- Domain search added to admin dashboard.
- Default registrar setting added.
- Complete rebuild.
- Function change to support servers running versions of PHP older than 5.3
- Added shortscode support.
- Added custom CSS options.
- Refactored CSS scheme.
- Added 1and1.com as an available domain registrar.
- Name change: Dotster.com became Domain.com
- Updated supported TLD lists.
- Updated the widget options.
- Simplified the HTML structure around the domain search bar.
- Confirmed compatibility up to WordPress version 3.5.1
- Added the “Widget Title Display” option.
- Added GoDaddy.com, NetworkSolutions.com, Dotster.com, and Register.com as options for the registrar to check domain availability.
- Added the option to choose a target window.
- Added the “TLD Menu Display” option (only available for some registrars).
- Added support for multiple instances of the widget.
- Updated to the newest version of the WordPress Widget API.
- Confirmed compatibility up to WordPress version 3.2.1
- Set the domain search results page to open in a new tab.
- Added the domain search feature as an admin dashboard widget.
- Added .SE as an available domain extension. This extension is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Sweden.
- Confirmed backwards compatibility to WordPress version 2.8
- Confirmed compatibility up to WordPress version 3.0.5