The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier notifies you the moment an Administrator user logs into your WordPress dashboard. Setup time: 20 seconds.
Why use The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier?
Users with Administrator role set can delete your entire website.
- In cleaning malware from WordPress websites, I find hackers often gain access by signing in through a stolen or guessed at Administrator account password.
Stop the hackers before they eat your lunch.
- With notification of each Administrator account login emailed to you, you may be able to take action before hackers edit or delete your content.
With The Hack Repair Guy’s Administrator Login Notifier, tailored to admin notification only, you’ll have a professional login notification system in place in seconds.
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” — Mark Twain
The quickest method for installing The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier is:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Plugins -> Add new from the menu.
- Search for “The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier will auto save your email account upon activation and notify you of future Administrator logins. No further configuration is necessary.
If you would prefer to manually install The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier follow these instructions:
- Upload the hackrepair-admin-login-notifier folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
“The beginning is always NOW.” ― Roy Bennett
Why was this plugin created?
In my day to day work cleaning malware from hacked websites, I find hackers often gain access by signing in through a stolen or guessed at Administrator account password.
Many of the established security plugins include Administrator login notification as well. But these other plugins tend to be bloated, with lots of extraneous features and complicated setup requirements.
Why make it so hard–geez!
This has left me with a choice. Either I recommend clients install one of those 100+ feature plugins, which include notification as an extra feature, or I eliminate all frustration and create a 1-click to install notification plugin for my clients.
So The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier plugin was born.
1. If I deactivate or remove the plugin what will happen?
Short answer: No alerts will be sent.
Long answer: Deactivation is the recommended way to turn off notifications as well.
2. What if I wish to change the notification email address?
Short answer: Change the setting in
WP Admin > Settings > General > Email Address.
Long answer: The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier uses WordPress’ default admin email setting — this notification will be sent to the same email address WordPress uses to send you other notifications.
Additional notification recipients may be selected via the plugin Settings page. Just select which users should be notified and click Save.
3. Why did you create this plugin?
Short answer: I tire of complicated plugins.
Long answer: Most login notification plugins require several steps to fully configure. I’ve solved that “problem” with The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier. Time is precious–and and I’ve got none to spare!
If you find The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier useful, please consider donating a cup of coffee or more to our mutual cause.
Every dollar counts and will help our beleaguered plugin developers concentrate on improvements and less about next month’s rent. Donate for the cause at https://hackrepair.com/about/hackrepair-admin-login-notifier
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” ― Mother Teresa
Contributors & Developers
“The Hack Repair Guy's Admin Login Notifier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “The Hack Repair Guy's Admin Login Notifier” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 4.7.3 Compatible
- added http:// to email body text.
- Added settings option do not notify if login from X IP address
- Added video and some descriptive text edits
- Ready for the WordPress repository
- Settings page added to select aditional notification recipients.
- Updated description.
- The Hack Repair Guy’s Admin Login Notifier is born!
“Have no fear of perfection — you’ll never reach it.” ― Salvador Dali