A simple shortcode to display recent comments. You can use it in text widgets or with every shortcode enabled page builder.
[recent-comments number=”10″ author=”” title=””]
There are seven parameters for this shortcode:
- author__not_in — Author ID to exclude from the list. Default: NULL to list all comments from all authors.
- number — Number of comments to return. Leave blank to return all comments. Default: 5
- order — How to sort comments: ‘ASC’ (Ascending — lowest to highest) or ‘DESC’ (Descending — highest to lowest). Default: DESC
- author — Do you want to hide the author? Just give an empty parameter: author=””
- title — Do you want to hide the title? Just give an empty parameter: title=””
- excerpt — Do you want to hide the excerpt? Just give an empty parameter: excerpt=””
- morelink — You can specify the text of the more link. Do you want to hide the more link? Just give an empty parameter: morelink=””
There is no mandatory parameter, you can use the shortcode as is.
IMPORTANT! This (or any other) shortcode is working only in a widget, if you or the theme has enabled the use of shortcodes in widgets. I’m not giving any description how you can do it, because there are a lot of posts out there. You can do a search for this: wordpress enable shortcodes in widgets
surbma-recent-comments-shortcodefolder to the
- Activate the Surbma | Recent Comments Shortcode plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. Now you can use the shortcode. 🙂
Why doesn’t work the shortcode in a text widget?
Because you have to enable this function. By default, WordPress does not allow you to use shortcodes in widgets. I’m not giving any description how you can do it, because there are a lot of posts out there. You can do a search for this: wordpress enable shortcodes in widgets
What does Surbma mean?
It is the reverse version of my last name. 😉
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Surbma | Recent Comments Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Surbma | Recent Comments Shortcode” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release date: 2020-02-10
- TWEAK — Tested with WordPress 5.3 version.
- TWEAK — Updated to use a new way to deploy it to wp.org repo.
- Added a new parameter to exclude authors from the list.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 4.6 version.
- Fixed textdomain path for localization.
- Added new tags.
- Updated description.
- Fix localization.
- Prevent direct access to the plugin.
- Initial release.