After WordPress 5.4, Cite, Small, Marked, Inserted and Deleted tags are not part of the Block Editor by default. Simple HTML Rich Text for Block Editor seeks to bridge this gap in the Rich text development.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress Plugins directory or Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the Simple HTML Rich Text for Block Editor plugin to start using the plugin.
Does this work in the classic editor?
No, this is purely for the block editor.
How is the style picked?
Style depends on the style of the theme.
How can I Contribute?
Contributions like feedback can be through the forum. You can also write an issue on Github or fork the code, fix & submit a PR on Github.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple HTML Rich Text for Block Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple HTML Rich Text for Block Editor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: Broken link to file version.
- Cleanup the bundle to remove block inclusion popup.
- Test for 6.2.0.
- Fix: Add new build process.
- Remove: Core subscript and superscript formats.
- Test for 6.0
- Add Security check for plugin territory.
- Remove existing core markup.
- Added a cite tag to the list of functions.
- Initial Release.