ScottCart is a free WordPress eCommerce plugin that allows you to sell anything, anywhere. Built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, ScottCart is the first WordPress eCommerce shopping cart that looks great right out of the box. So there is no need to spend days customizing it.
Sell Anything, Anywhere
With ScottCart, you can sell physical, digital, or service products. Add product variations, images, and downloads options for your customers. You can even sell affiliate goods from online marketplaces.
Scott comes with 27 built in currencies, so you can sell anywhere.
With premium extensions, the possibilities are endless. Perhaps you’d like to accept credit cards directly on your site, or even start selling your own software? Anything is possible.
Offer free shipping, flat rate shipping, or make real-time shipping calculations. Limit your shipments to specific countries, or open your store up to the entire world.
ScottCart comes with PayPal Standard built in, so you can start accepting all major Credit Cards and PayPal accounts immediately. We offer other gateway extensions on our website such as Stripe for processing credit cards directly on your site.
You can configure ScottCart to reduce the inventory quantity of your physical or digital product whenever it sells.
Graphs and Reports
With built in beautiful reports and graphs you can see all of your sales and numbers in one place. Get to understand your customers behavior and make smart decisions.
You own your data
One of the biggest risks and problems of using a hosted eCommerce platform is what happens to your store if the provider closes up shop. With ScottCart, you have complete control over all of your data. Your data belongs to you.
Built to be extendable
ScottCart was built to be Extendable, adaptable, and open source.
Created with developers in mind. With its strong, robust framework, you can scale your store as much as you need.
We offer extensions for business owners who need more features. Some of our most popular extension are:
- Stripe — Start acceping Credit Cards on your site
- Software Licensing — Sell licenses for your own software products
- Cart Extras — Advertise your products on an empty cart page
More information at ScottCart.com
About the Plugin Developer and the Project
The developer of this plugin is Scott Paterson, who runs WP Plugin. WP Pluign’s WordPress plugins are currently used over on 25,000 websites.
Fast, amazing support
If you have any problems please open a support thread here and we’ll help you solve any problems that you may have.
- Sign in to your WordPress site as an administrator.
- In the main menu go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for ScottCart and when you find it click install, then activate.
- That’s it! You are now ready to start selling your own products on your site.
Where can I find complete documentation?
Full searchable documentation can be found at https://www.scottcart.com/docs/
How do I setup PayPal to work?
This plugin has PayPal Standard built in. In order to collect payments using PayPal you will need to have a PayPal account and enter your account Email or Merchant ID on the Payments tab.
Does the plugin use pages?
When this plugin is installed it automatically created 5 pages. The Shop, Cart, Account, Order Cancelled, and Purchase Confirmation pages. In these pages is a shortcode which is used by the plugin to display information on that page. You may wish you include these pages in your theme menu. Products will automatically appear on the Shop Page.
How can I create a new product?
Create a product on the Products page.
Can I view my orders inside the WordPress dashboard?
Yes, When someone purchases your product, you will be able to see their order on the Orders page.
Is an SSL certificate required?
ScottCart can function without one just fine, making it easy to set up in a testing or development environment. We still strongly recommend you have an SSL certificate for your production web site, both for security and for the peace of mind of your customers.
What themes work with Easy Digital Downloads?
Any properly written theme will work with ScottCart.
Getting a 404 error?
To get rid of the 404 error when viewing a product, you need to resave your permalink structure. Go to Settings > Permalinks and click «Save Changes».
Orders placed through PayPal not showing in the admin
If you are using a firewall that is blocking PayPal.com, that can cause this issue. Also if your WordPress is installed in a different folder then this issue you can happen. Please contact us if you continue to have problems.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress eCommerce — ScottCart” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix — Fixed issue with PayPal Standard IPN
- New — Added trash png image, so that dashicons can be removed from WordPress and the cart will still be completely functational.
- New — Added plugin deactivation survey.
- New — Added ability to set product shop image height manually.
- Fix — Fixed email sold table display issues
- Change — Removed email download table code and included the downloads links in the sold table
- New — Added notes, quantity, price, subtotal, shipping, and coupon codes to email sold table
- Fix — Fixed bugs with order attributes being changed
- Fix — Fixed issue with PayPal Standard not correctly redirecting
- Fix — Fixed issue with PayPal Standard redirect URL containing invalid characters
- Fix — Modified Free Gateway — Will not show in settings page as a default, but will be available on the orders page
- Fix — After payment hook was not working correctly
- Fix — Added CSS center alignment for product page
- Fix — Redid the entire product page layout — it should now work with many more themes by default
- Fix — Removed Free Gateway — Free purchases can be made by using PayPal Sandbox mode instead — this option was confussing
- Fix — Fixed a few other code errors
- Feature — Added ability to change default image size for shop and product pages — useful for some themes
- Fix — Description on product page was not showing in some circumstances.
- Fix — Added CSS to make Twenty Seventeen theme cart page look better.
- Change — Changed default Show Billing Address option for cart page from Yes to No. Therefore on a fresh install, Billing Address and Shipping Address will be hidden.
- Test — Tested and lowered «Requires at least» version to 4.0 instead of 4.5
- Update — Readme description
- Fix — Settings page redirect error
- Fix — URL Hook was not passing full REQUEST body
- Fix — Admin enqueue script error
- Fix — Settings page tab save fix
- Fix — Enqueue file fix
- Fix — Fixed missing language strings
- Fix — Orders page CSS fix
- Fix — Shop page cateogry menu link fix
- New — Added save order page hook
- New — Added save product page hook
- New — Added save settings hook
- New — Added completed payment hook
- New — Added ability to add custom product and order page digital file columns
- New — Added new license render tab type for the settings page
- Test — Tested with WP 4.7.3
- Initial release