This is a simple plugin that will help you register new Post Types and new Taxonomies.
Registering a new Post Type you will have to fill a new name, if you want — you can change the slug or insert a description, select what type of post type you want: public or private. For additional options you can add via hooks.
Registering a new Taxonomy — insert the name ( note: a lot of names are reserved ), change the slug if needed or add a description, select what post type to apply this taxonomy and if you want it to be private or public. Other options you can add via hooks.
I made this plugin with less options because I like to add new post types and taxonomies with basic options.
In the future I plan to add additional features.
- Upload “register-post-types-and-taxonomies” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To change the settings, go to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Register Post Types / Register Taxonomies.
- That’s it!
- Why should I use this plugin?
A lot of themes require additional post types for custom posts, like: quotes, videos, etc.
- Will it break any other plugins?
I don’t think so.
- Won’t this conflict with plugins?
Be sure to disable other plugins that register post types and taxonomies.
- Can you add a feature X?
Depends, if its useful enough and I have time for it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Register Post Types and Taxonomies” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changing an option default value on registering new post type page.
- Added option to register a new post type with archive page.
- First release.