This is a simple plugin that will help you register new Post Types and new Taxonomies.
Registering a new Post Type you will have to fill a new name, if you want — you can change the slug or insert a description, select what type of post type you want: public or private. For additional options you can add via hooks.
Registering a new Taxonomy — insert the name ( note: a lot of names are reserved ), change the slug if needed or add a description, select what post type to apply this taxonomy and if you want it to be private or public. Other options you can add via hooks.
I made this plugin with less options because I like to add new post types and taxonomies with basic options.
In the future I plan to add additional features.
- Upload “register-post-types-and-taxonomies” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To change the settings, go to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Register Post Types / Register Taxonomies.
- That’s it!
- Why should I use this plugin?
A lot of themes require additional post types for custom posts, like: quotes, videos, etc.
- Will it break any other plugins?
I don’t think so.
- Won’t this conflict with plugins?
Be sure to disable other plugins that register post types and taxonomies.
- Can you add a feature X?
Depends, if its useful enough and I have time for it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Register Post Types and Taxonomies” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Register Post Types and Taxonomies” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changing an option default value on registering new post type page.
- Added option to register a new post type with archive page.
- First release.