Like this plugin? Consider leaving a quick review or writing about how you’ve used it on your site — send me a link to that write up if you do.
This plugin is maintained on GitHub, so feel free to use the repository for reporting issues, submitting feature requests and submitting pull requests.
This widget displays a list of all of the users that have written content on your site recently, where you can specify the point in time after which you want to consider posts for inclusion in the widget.
The widget options are:
- Title — set the widget title (or don’t show one)
- Since when — You can either use dynamic, or static date strings to decide how recently content had to be published to be included in the widget. Use strings like 12/31/09, 30 days ago, Monday, -2 weeks. See strtotime for more information on dynamic time strings.
- Link destination — Set whether the author’s name should point to their list of posts, their website, or nowhere.
- Display post count — Decide whether to show how many posts the user has written in the specified time period.
I also run Do It With WordPress, which has an array of tutorials for managing, modifying and maintaining your WordPress sites, as well as The WP Butler, a service for keeping your site maintained, backed up, updated and secure.
You know the drill…
- I have an issue
The best thing to do is to submit an issue on GitHub. If you don’t have a GitHub account, then get in touch with me and I’ll see if I can help.
- Can you add a feature to this widget?
Probably. The best thing to do is to create a new feature request on GitHub. If you don’t have a GitHub account, then tell me what this widget should do that it doesn’t currently.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Contributors Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Recent Contributors Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release date: January 26, 2016
- Add support for wordpress.org language packs (translations welcome!)
Release date: August 13, 2015
- Updated deprecated constructor method
Release date: October 9, 2014
- Initial release