Product Input Fields for WooCommerce plugin lets you add custom input fields to WooCommerce product’s frontend for customer to fill before adding product to cart.
Input fields can be added globally (i.e. for all products) or on per product basis.
You can choose numerous different types for fields:
Each type comes with specific options you can set for each field.
Additionally you can set fields HTML template and much more.
Plugin is limited to adding two input fields to each product — one (global) field for all products and one more (local) for each product individually. If you wish to add unlimited number of global and/or local product input fields, please check our Product Input Fields for WooCommerce Pro plugin.
Some of our Pro plugins:
Some of our other free plugins:
- We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using or trying out one of our plugins!
- Upload the entire plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Start by visiting plugin settings at “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Input Fields”.
Contributors & Developers
“Product Input Fields for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Product Input Fields for WooCommerce” has been translated into 22 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
1.3.2 — 03/05/2022
- Fix — Input field data was not show in the XML file exported from Tools -> Export -> Orders.
- Fix — Formatting is not proper for the input field when using Elementor and Astra theme.
1.3.1 — 21/09/2021
- Fix — Fatal error was coming with PHP 8. This is fixed now.
- Fix — Product input fields were getting displayed on the frontend even if the plugin setting was kept disabled and shortcode was added. This is fixed now.
- Fix — Numbers were not coming on the product page when the ‘Range’ type was selected. This is fixed now.
- Fix — Duplicate fields were coming on the frontend when the product input fields were shown using the shortcode and the input fields values were not getting passed to the cart. This is fixed now.
1.3.0 — 19/03/2021
- Fixed an issue of after clicking on Order again button on My Account page, it shows the error of required fields.
- Fixed an issue of additional description is shown on all the products even after disabling the All products setting.
1.2.7 — 31/07/2020
- Added restrictions to a function from where files were being downloaded for input type File fields. We now check user roles & permissions before downloading the file.
- Fixed an issue related to Creta Theme.
1.2.6 — 19/03/2020
- Update compatibility changes with WooCommerce 4.0.0.
1.2.5 — 04/09/2019
- Changes in code to make the plugin compliant as per WPCS rules.
1.2.4 — 04/04/2019
- Enhancement — Plugin is made compatible with WPML. wpml-config.xml file is added to translate the All Products field labels using WPML.
1.2.3 — 19/02/2019
- Plugin URL updated due to handover of the plugins.
1.2.2 — 1/02/2019
- Author name updated due to handover of the plugin.
1.2.1 — 23/01/2019
- Dev — Plugin URI updated.
- Dev — Admin settings restyled and descriptions updated.
- Dev — Code clean up.
1.2.0 — 25/10/2018
- Add compatibility with Advanced Order Export For WooCommerce plugin
1.1.9 — 09/10/2018
- Display fields on PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin
1.1.8 — 19/09/2018
- Add ‘Load Datepicker Style’ option
- Add ‘Load Timepicker Style’ option
- Update Timepicker JS
- Turn off autocomplete on timepicker, datepicker and weekpicker
- Fix Datepicker, Timepicker and Weekpicker style
1.1.7 — 18/09/2018
- Add color input compatibility with Opera and Safari
1.1.6 — 17/09/2018
- Add color section on admin input fields options
- Add option to allow typing or pasting the color manually
- Update WC tested up to
1.1.5 — 10/08/2018
- Fix maxlength attribute on textarea
1.1.4 — 01/08/2018
- Check if order and input fields exist before trying to delete file uploads
- Improve help link for pattern attribute
- Improve input sanitizing
- Display multiple array value as comma separated string
- Fix PHP warnings
- Fix file uploading when using multiple file inputs
- Add “Smart Textarea” option, showing only the textarea excerpt on frontend and hovering it will make it display the full content
- Add ‘Textarea Auto Height’ option, making the textarea auto increase its height as users type
1.1.3 — 18/05/2018
- Add composer
- Add filter ‘alg_product_input_fields_options’ allowing changes on field options
- Add filter ‘alg_wc_pif_field_html’ allowing changes the field html
- Remove check for pro version
- Remove slashes from the values
1.1.2 — 18/04/2018
- Dev — “WC tested up to” added to plugin header.
1.1.1 — 30/10/2017
- Dev — WooCommerce v3.2 compatibility — Admin settings —
selecttype options fixed.
- Dev — WooCommerce v3.0 compatibility — “woocommerce_add_order_item_meta hook uses out of date data structures and function is deprecated…” notice fixed.
- Fix —
add_product_input_fields_to_order_item_meta()— Checking if product input fields values exist (fixes notice in log).
- Dev — Saving settings array as main class property.
1.1.0 — 15/06/2017
- Dev — WooCommerce 3.x.x compatibility —
get_meta()functions to access order items meta data.
- Dev — WooCommerce 3.x.x compatibility —
alg_get_frontend_product_input_fields()— Product ID (using
get_id()function instead of accessing
idobject property directly).
- Dev — Core —
add_files_to_email_attachments()— Additional validation added.
- Tweak — Plugin link updated from https://coder.fm to https://wpcodefactory.com.
1.0.1 — 28/03/2017
- Dev — Language (POT) file added.
- Dev — readme.txt updated (screenshots added etc.).
- Tweak — http replaced with https in links to coder.fm.
1.0.0 — 28/03/2017
- Initial Release.