A colourful display of your posts as a widget, with many options for content and colors change.
The widget will display your post as a snippet on the sidebar or on the content area.
The widget on-click behavior can be link to the post or as a vertical accordion which folds and shows the post content.
You can control almost any aspect of display including two different templates for the widget.
Something is wrong with this plugin on your site? Please create a ticket at WordPress forum,
Or email me to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll fix it.
You are welcome to suggest and request features to be added to the next versions. I’ll be glad to hear.
The widget also registers 2 widget areas in addition to those you have on your theme.
one will locate the widgets after the post/page content, and one before the content.
You will see them as Before Content Area and After Content Area on the widgets page.
The widget settings has content definitions, where-to-display logic and styling options.
- List of all site Posts/Pages to choose where to take the content from.
- Options for overriding the post/page title and excerpt with other text.
- Option for limiting the excerpt length to a specific length.
- Option to choose not to display any element of the widget. meaning: title, excerpt and featured image.
- Choose specific page/s to display the widget
- Choose specific post-type/s to display the widget
- Choose specific categorie/s to display the widget
- Choose whether to display widget when it is on the page that it displays its content or linked to.
- Choose colors for the title, excerpt and background of the widget.
- Choose widget template.
- Define height of the widget.
- Choose whether it will act as accordion or as a link to post/page, on clicking the widget.
- Some settings to choose for tuning the display on small displays if you need to.
*Credit to Organic Themes with the theme profile. Content on the screenshots is from the demo content of their theme.
I’ll appreciate if you rate me on the plugin page.
I’m doing my best to maintain and improve this plugin. if you feel like donating a small amount, of your choice, through the donation link on the plugin page, I will be very glad 🙂
- Download and install the plugin from WordPress plugin page. You can also upload the entire post-snippet folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory, if you wish to do it manually.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to the widgets area on your admin, and add a Post Snippet widget to your desired sidebar.
- Do I have to go over all the settings to make it work?
No, you actually don’t need to deal with non of them if you don’t want to, the widget has it’s default settings and it will be shown on your site if you put it in one of the sidebars.
You might want to choose the post it will display it’s snippet though.
- What about support?
You can mail me to email@example.com, or create a support ticket at WordPress forum and I will take care of any issue.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Snippet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
First version of the plugin