This plugin adds a block style called «Photocopy» to the Image, Gallery, and Media & Text blocks. When applied, it roughly emulates the look of a high-contrast photocopy.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the «Plugins» screen in WordPress
- Select an Image, Gallery, or Media & Text block.
- Using either the block switcher or the block settings, choose the \»Photocopy\» block style.
How does this work?
The block style applies a handful of CSS filters to your images or text. It looks kind of like a photocopy.
Why are the text styles labeled experimental?
These filters are a little unpredictable — different browsers render them in different ways. But hey, photocopiers are a little unpredictable too! It’s more lifelike this way.
Are there any known issues?
- The effect doesn’t play great with Image block captions at the moment. The overlay pattern sometimes shows up behind the caption.
- The warped styles cut off the resize drag handles.
Can I contribute to this plugin?
- Of course! It’s open source. Visit the GitHub repository to browse the code or submit ideas.
Contributors & Developers
“Photocopier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adds warped text effects for paragraph and header blocks.
- Adds an experimental «Warped» block style.
- Improved rendering of the pattern on different screen resolutions.
- Improved Pattern
- Fix the way the pattern maps to the image.
- Initial Release