Uses shortcode or easy options for adding to the front page or blog page of WordPress.
Fully customize the particles using your own JSON or the built in color & density settings
Leave a comment in the support forum for any suggestions or bugs.
Add particle background to home or blog pages with one click
Add particle background to any page using shortcodes
Customize the background color and dot color
Add any HTML just like a WordPress post to display on top of the particle background (optional)
- Upload the plugin file to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In your sidebar, select ‘Particle Backgrounds’ to get started
How can I add my own particles.js config file?
Method 1: Add a directory in your theme called
particle-background-wpand copy your
particlesjs-config.jsonfile to that folder. The json will automatically be loaded.
Method 2. Add a filter
rn-pbwp-custom-jsonthat returns a JSON string of the config.
How can I customize which pages the particle background appears on?
Method 1: Use the one-click buttons to add particle background to your Blog or Home pages
Method 2: Insert the shortcode
[particle-background-wp]on the page you want to add a particle background to.
Method 3: Use the filter
rn-pbwp-enqueueto return true to add particle background to a page.
Contributors & Developers
“Particle Background WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Particle Background WP” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Particle Background WP 2.0.0
- Added ability to target CSS selectors to fill with particles(!)
- Rewrote shortcode behavior to fill the parent with particles, instead of inserting a top section
- A few UI updates
Particle Background WP 1.1.0
- Added particle density slider
- Added a filter for custom JSON
- Added a theme-specific particle json support. Add /particle-background-wp/particlejs-config.json to your theme to automatically load a particles.js JSON config file
- Added a filter for enqueuing the particle script ( ‘rn-pbwp-enqueue’ ) — true to enqueue the particles on that page
- Fix shortcodes not working in the content input
Particle Background WP 1.0.0
- Initial Release