Old Post Alert shows a banner in your comments form for posts more than a month old. The banner reminds the commentor that there may be newer information available later in the blog. This may cut down on comments that are irrelevant due to more recent developments.
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Upload the old-post-alert.php file to your wp-content/plugins directory (not in a sub-folder).
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Old Post Alert.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed Old Post Alert.
- Optional: set a CSS class for
old_post_alertto style the banner.
This plugin relies on the
comment_formto be present in your comments.php template. If this does not exist, you will want to add it:
<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>
That about does it — enjoy!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Old Post Alert” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Old Post Alert” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.