Norse Runes are an ancient alphabet used in Germanic countries. Today, they are used in magic and divination by many Pagans and Wiccans. Although their meanings can sometimes be a bit obscure, most people who work with runes find that the best way to incorporate them into divination is to ask a specific question based upon your current situation. Although you don’t have to be of Norse ancestry to use the runes, you’ll have a far better understanding of the symbols and their meanings if you have some knowledge of the mythology and history of the Germanic peoples; this way you can interpret the runes in the context in which they were meant to be read.
This Plugin allows you to use runes as a functioning part of your website.
Here are some of the current features:
- Show all the Runes on a given page.
- Show a specific rune with meaning on a given page.
- Show the Definition of a given Rune by a Tool Tip or a Defined Definitions Page.
- Current Spreads Available
- Odin’s Rune (One Rune Layout)
- Past, Present and Future (Three Rune) Layout
- Expanded Celtic Cross Spread (Twelve Rune Layout)
- Custom Spread
Features for Future Releases:
- Ability for people to create accounts and track readings over time.
- Ability to do different castings with Meanings and Interpretations. Some examples:
- Two Rune Layout
- Four Directions Layout
- Five Rune Cross Layout
- Midgard Serpent Layout
- Bifröst Layout
- Grid of Nine Layout
- Odin’s Nine Layout
- Egil’s Whalebone Layout
- Adding ability for someone to show any number of runes on a page so they could do their own rune spreads even if they are not known to the system.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Setup and Settings page under Tools for
Norse Runes Oracle Instructions/Setup
- Where can I get answers to questions?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive answers or go to http://www.gregwhitehead.com/
Contributors & Developers
“Norse Rune Oracle Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Did some testing in the recent version of WordPress to confirm still working.
- Resolved variable issue of not declaring before appending.
- Added a custom spread option allowing for someone to specify up to 25 runes to be drawn allowing for all of them. Allowing you to create any reading you want.
- Fixed path issue. If you have an / at the end of the defined runes page setting it doesn’t display properly. Now even if you have a / in the setting it allows it to display the definitions properly.
- Added a couple of spreads.
- Initial Release of Plugin