MarkItUp (beta) allows for you to use Markdown on your WordPress site.
It does this on a per-author basis and per-post. This means that you shouldn’t be accidently converting other people’s posts/pages into Markdown by accident!
Currently this wears the beta label because it could have little bumps which aren’t smoothed out just yet.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What about my existing content using complex markup?
The WordPress default editor will be used
- Not all of my authors like Markdown, is that a problem?
Currently each author has to manually enable it in their settings, so there is nothing to worry about
- I want Feature X, Y or Z
Do let me know on Twitter http://twitter.com/kennydude
- How do I center align my images?
This is on a site-wide basis and can be enabled by going to Settings -> Writing and there is a “MarkItUp” section.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“MarkItUp!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MarkItUp!” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Hello world
- Version a made the plugin work on some systems (wrong version of MarkdownExtra)
- More highlighting in the editor
- Images can now be aligned left, center or right
- New Markdown renderer. I rewrote it because the existing one was crap