This allows you to easily add inline “footnotes” to your content. In places where you place the shortcode will appear a little number that is clickable to see the footnote content.
[footnote]This is my footnote.[/footnote]
inline-footnotesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[footnote] ... [/footnote]shortcodes in your content.
- Where can I get support?
On my website: gavinr.com/wordpress-plugins
- What settings can I choose?
- Background Color
- Text Color
- Text Popup Background Color
- Text Popup Text Color
- Show Footnote on Hover
- I’m using this plugin to make money! How can I thank Gavin for creating this for me?
Value-for-value donations are welcome at gavinr.com/donate. Thanks!
- What shortcode settings are there?
Right now the shortcode settings are:
title— this is what will display in the box inline of your content (instead of “1, 2, 3, etc” wich happens by default if this is not included). Example:
[footnote title="..."]This is a footnote![/footnote]. Note that you can use this to reset the numbers too, if you set title to a number like
symbol_background_color— set the background color of the inline “symbol” that shows up.
symbol_text_color— set the text color of the inline “symbol” that shows up.
background_color— set the background color of a single footnote.
text_color— set the text color of a single footnote.
All the colors above take HTML Color Names or HEX codes (include the # sign).
- Is this compatible with the Gutenberg Editor?
Yes it is. Just use your shortcodes inline the paragraph block just as you always have.
Contributors & Developers
“Inline Footnotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Inline Footnotes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Additional shortcode options “text_color”, “symbol_text_color”, and “symbol_background_color”
- Works with Gutenberg and tested with version 5.
- New “Hover” option
- Compressed JS and CSS files
- Fixes mobile issues by showing the footnote content in the center of the screen when on mobile.
background_colorattribute in the footnote tag.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9
- New “title” shortcode attribute to allow you to show different text in the inline footnote. See the forums for more info.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.5
- Fixed CSS issues
- HTML links within footnotes now work
- Initial Version