Author: Fahad Mahmood
Demo URI: http://demo.androidbubble.com/help
License: GPL 3. See License below for copyright jots and titles.
Inbox is a free communication tool for WooCommerce vendors and customers. Vnedors can manage their own communication threads privately with this plugin. Any user who is logged in can ask a question or put any query through help section. User will select the department from list to which he has some query and provide his email which is optional and his message. These messages will appear in your inbox and admin panel as well. Relevant Administrators or Moderators will reply the queries as support departments. Admin can add new departments, manage staff department-wise. Admin can also monitor communication threads and apply filters with an alert.
WooCommerce customers also can manage their communication threads with support departments and online vendors. Only logged-in user can communicate within the system. This plugin is an internal communication system among website registered users. In addition you can create support/help desks like contact forms etc. unregistered users can also submit inquiries and your administrator/moderators can reply those threads.
messages, users, administration, support, tickets, resolution center, disputes, alerts, chat, help desk, vendors
- Admin can send/schedule messages to all users
- View all communication threads and apply filters
- Define different departments and assign staff for sales and support
- Shortcodes for users list
- Allow/Disallow words in threads
- Google Maps API compatibility
- Shortcode based pages
This WordPress plugin is a free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This WordPress plugin is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this WordPress plugin. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- There will be a link under WP Admin > Settings.
Is this compatible with all WordPress themes?
Yes, it is compatible with all WordPress themes which are developed according to the WordPress theme development standards.
How can we use it?
I. Install the Plugin and Activate it
II. Go to Admin Panel > Settings > Inbox
III. There are two readymade pages available in Pages & Short codes tab which can be inserted in relevant areas.
IV. You can also use short code available in settings page, as per your requirements.
V. In Communication tab, admin can view all conversations.
VI. In Support Department tab you can add departments and manage staff as per departments.
VII. In Google API tab you can add your Location API, which will help customers to find you easily through Google Maps API. Latitude and Longitude will be calculated from your location string.
VIII. In Install Plugin tab you can install plugins which are required for this plugin. Mandatory and Optional are included.
IX. In Advance Settings tab there are some advance short codes available.
Is any other plugin required to use it?
WordPress Bootstrap CSS plugin required for this plugin mainly.
Can we communicate to multiple platform with this?
It Can be used only for the same platform users.
How can we select the user we want to send message?
If You are a seller then on your product & profile/author page a contact button will be appeared. If you belong to support, admin or HR department then people will approach you through contact or help page. This plugin can be used for communication between seller and user + admin and user.
Does email address required to send messages?
No, Email is optional for support page but account registration is required for the communication between seller and customer.
Can we use it on any page or only on a specified page?
Yes, you can use it on any page by just adding the short code to any page.
Does it support instant chat feature?
No Instant chat is not available in this version.
Can non-registered user send any query or message by using this?
Users can’t send messages to each other without login, but a visitor can send message to support or admin from help page.
Are all features being free in this plugin?
Yes, all basic/required features are free in this plugin.
What is the function of Google+ API?
If you are a seller so you can add your location by Google Maps API. Customers can find you by distance preferences through your latitude and longitude values.
Contributors & Developers
“Inbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated version for WordPress. [02/05/2023]
- Updated version for WordPress. [07/09/2022]
- Language files updated. [Thanks to i. A. Kevin Koch — IT]
- Admin can send/schedule messages to all users. [Thanks to Sam & Team Ibulb Work]
- Default timezone from WP settings page. [Thanks to ramya & Team Ibulb Work]
- Bootstrap conflict with WooCommerce registration page, fixed. [Thanks to Sam]
- Bootstrap conflict with WooCommerce checkout page, fixed. [Thanks to Sam]
- Checkbox for contact seller option added on settings page. [Thanks to roghithsam]
- htmlentities() used for admin side messages strings display.
- An error reported about the following address(es) failed:***email@example.com. Fixed. [Thanks to Team Sam]
- Timezone settings added for users inbox.
- Chat features added optionally. [Thanks to Team Ibulb Work]
- A few UI/UX improvements. [Thanks to @gusakdmitry]
- A few warnings are fixed. [Thanks to @gusakdmitry]
- A few additions and imrprovements.
- A few additions and imrprovements.
- Languages refined.
- Languages added. [Thanks to Abu Usman]
- Bootstrap installation tab and WooCommerce activation check added. [Thanks to Nick]
- Initial Commit