Extends the WordPress Plugin Leaflet Map with Leaflet Plugins and other functions.
Create an elevation chart profile of a track. There are also acceleration, slope, speed and tempo chart profiles. You can also place multiple tracks on one map.
By default Leaflet Map uses tiles from openstreetmap.org or from the tile servers you configured. You can use more and switch between them.
Many markers on a map become confusing. You can cluster and shape them.
You can use Awesome markers.
You can group the elements on the map by criteria and show/hide them.
Create an overview map with geo-locations provided in the pages and posts (idea from @codade).
Get a tooltip when hovering over an element.
You can design a choropleth map.
You can display the map in fullscreen mode.
Reset the map.
Manage your files for Leaflet Map.
Help to migrate from WP GPX Maps.
and more functions.
Included Leaflet Plugins and fonts
- leaflet-elevation: A Leaflet plugin that allows to add elevation profiles using d3js.
- Leaflet.i18n: Internationalisation module for Leaflet plugins.
- leaflet-rotate: A Leaflet plugin that allows to add rotation functionality to map tiles
- Leaflet.AlmostOver: This plugin allows to detect mouse click and overing events on lines, with a tolerance distance.
- @tmcw/togeojson: Convert KML, GPX, and TCX to GeoJSON.
- D3: Data-Driven Documents
- Leaflet-providers: An extension that contains configurations for various tile providers.
- Leaflet.Control.Opacity: Makes multiple tile layers transparent.
- Leaflet.markercluster: Provides Beautiful Animated Marker Clustering functionality.
- Leaflet.MarkerCluster.PlacementStrategies: Styling Markerclusters.
- Leaflet.ExtraMarkers: Shameless copy of Awesome-Markers with more shapes and colors.
- Leaflet.FeatureGroup.SubGroup: Grouping of Leaflet elements by options and features.
- Leaflet Control Search: Search Markers/Features location by option or custom property.
- leaflet-choropleth: Choropleth plugin for Leaflet (color scale based on value).
- leaflet.zoomhome: Provides a zoom control with a «Home» button to reset the view.
- leaflet.fullscreen: Simple plugin for Leaflet that adds fullscreen button to your maps.
- Leaflet.GestureHandling: A Leaflet plugin that allows to prevent default map scroll/touch behaviours.
- turf: Advanced geospatial analysis for browsers and Node.js
- First you need to install and configure the plugin Leaflet Map.
- Then install this plugin.
- Go to Settings — Leaflet Map — Extensions for Leaflet Map and get documentation and settings options.
Is there a widget or other support for the editor?
- Unfortunately both plugins — Leaflet Map and Extensions for Leaflet Map — only work with shortcodes.
- If you have any questions please ask in the forum.
My gpx file is not displayed!
- Is the URL correct?
Does the webserver return the correct mime type (application/gpx+xml)?
Put in your
AddType application/gpx+xml gpx
RewriteRule .*.gpx$ — [L,T=application/gpx+xml]
It doesn’t work!
- Are you using any caching plugin? Try to exclude the js files of both plugins from caching.
- Are you using any plugin to comply with the GDPR/DSGVO? There might be a problem with that.
- Please ask in the forum!
Contributors & Developers
“Extensions for Leaflet Map” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
3.5.3 / 230920
- new shortcode overviewmap: generates an overview map with geo positions provided in the pages and posts
- new options for hover: class (style the tooltip) and popupclose (keep the popup open or not)
- multielevation accepts now also kml files