It performs a detailed lexical analysis on the source code and attaches different style classes for different language items, thus providing a very flexible way to modify the appearance of the highlighted code.
Using of the Dottoro Highlighter plugin is really simple. Just insert your code snippet in the Visual or HTML view, select it and press the Dr-Highlight button on the toolbar.
You don’t need to embed your source code into an element (such as PRE), just select the whole source that you want to highlight and press the Dr-Highlight button.
Clicking on the Dr-Highlight button pops up a dialog box where you can specify the settings for the highlighted code.
If you need to modify the appearance of a previously highlighted code, click into it then click on the Dr-Highlight button on the toolbar.
The default settings for the Dottoro Highlighter plugin can be set on the preferences page.
For further description, please visit the Dottoro Syntax Highlighter site.
- After downloading the Dottoro Highlighter plugin, unpack and upload the folder to the /wpcontent/plugins/ directory on your blog.
- Go to the Plugins tab in the WordPress administration panel, find the Dottoro Highlighter plugin on the list and click Activate.
- Proceed to the plugin settings page (under Settings > Dottoro Highlighter) to configure your plugin.
If you have any installation problems or configuration issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I change the color scheme of the soure code?
You can find the ‘Dottoro Highlighter’ submenu under the ‘Settings menu’ of the admin page, where you can change all features.
- Can I display source code snippets with different settings on the same page?
Yes, settings can be set for each code snippet separately.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Dottoro Syntax Highlighter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial version
- WordPress 2.9.1 compatible.
- Options dialog for TinyMCE
- Options dialog for quicktags
- Automatic code generation on Post_Save
- Theme selection
- New Look
- CSS rules update
- Post saving method update.