Disable WordPress Updates
This plugin disables all WordPress updates and update checks. This includes WordPress core, WordPress plugin and WordPress theme update checks.
This plugin was created by Thomas Griffin. Check out some of my other products, including Soliloquy — the best responsive WordPress slider plugin, Envira Gallery — the best responsive WordPress gallery plugin and OptinMonster.
- Install Disable All WP Updates either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate Disable All WP Updates. No configuration necessary. Plugin may cause admin to be slow on activation as it cleans out any current update requests. Once this is complete, your admin area will run noticeably faster.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable All WP Updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Disable All WP Updates” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New: Remove site health checks reporting plugin features as errors.
- Enhancement: Block updates at a permissions level.
- Fix: Prevent
wp_schedule_update_checks()from running and rescheduling update cron jobs.
- Fix: removed blocking outbound connections to known hosts for things like verifying license keys.
- Initial release.