DarkOnyx Video Player for WordPress plugin is an unique, but yet very powerful bridge that connects both solutions into a single, powerful media platform. Manager your videos, channels, playlists, settings and ad-campaigns with just a few clicks.
DarkOnyx Key Features
- Both flash video player and html5 video player in a single solution,
- Full support for all mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Android based smartphones and tablets,
- Customizable player interface with over 50 parameters,
- External Multi-Channel Playlist based on HTML/CSS3,
- Support for multiple video delivery methods including: Pseudo-Streaming, RTMP, YouTube & Dailymotion,
- Support for multiple ad-types including pre-roll, post-roll, text/image overlays and pop-ups,
- Advance sharing features with direct Facebook & Twitter integration,
- Powerful Content Control System,
- Captions support via SRT format,
- SD/HD content support,
- Age gate,
Plugin Key Features
- Easily embed your videos from either WordPress Media Library, or DarkOnyx Inbuilt Database,
- Select templates and ad-campaign for your videos/players,
- Add/Upload video content from multiple sources including YouTube, Dailymotion, External URLs or your Hard-Drive,
More about DarkOnyx web video player: http://darkonyx.web-anatomy.com
- Install DarkOnyx Web Video Player on your web-server
- Upload DarkOnyx plugin to the WordPress ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Grab DarkOnyx absolute directory path from Main Settings (DarkOnyx Control Panel)
- Paste and save DarkOnyx directory path in DarkOnyx Plugin settings (WordPress Dashboard)
Video Tutorials: http://darkonyx.web-anatomy.com/en/Videos
- What is DarkOnyx?
DarkOnyx is not just a Flash/HTML5 Video Player for Web, but also a powerful Video Platform similar in functionality to Brightcove or Ooyala.
- What differs DarkOnyx from other video players like JWPlayer or FlowPlayer
DarkOnyx is an intelligent HTML5/Flash hybrid player, that can automatically switch between its two modes, depending on available sources, and end-user’s system (instead of just a simple fallback mechanism). It also comes with a powerful, dedicated CMS.
- If the player already has got its own CMS, why do I need this plugin?
Plugin itself is a bridge between two platforms (DarkOnyx & WordPress). Thanks to that, you will be able to setup most of the settings from WordPress level without a need to operate between two scripts all the time.
- How to install DarkOnyx?
The installation process is almost identical to how you set up WordPress. Check our site to learn more about it. Video tutorials both for player and plugin installation are also available.
- Is DarkOnyx free?
Yes it is – just like the plugin. You will have to register an account on web-anatomy.com to download the player.
- Do you offer a free tech support?
Make sure to check forum on our website, we will be glad to help you!
- I would like to have a certain feature in DarkOnyx plugin…
Feel free to contact us and share with your ideas!
- Can I display my own ads in Free Edition too?
Sure you can!
- What video/audio codecs does DarkOnyx support
- Flash — H.264, On2VP6, H.263+ (Sorenson Spark), AAC, MP3
- HTML5 — H.264, Theora, VP8, MP3
- Is live-streaming possible with that player?
Yes it is!
More FAQ: http://darkonyx.web-anatomy.com/en/Faq
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DarkOnyx Plugin for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DarkOnyx Plugin for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial version