A shortcode to display the current year, for example in the footer section.
When using this shortcode you don’t have to manually update the year on your website, when a new year begins.
Just add the shortcode where you need it, within the text. Don’t forget to use the [ ] brackets.
[vict_year] displays the current year
- Upload the plugin files to the \\’/wp-content/plugins/\\’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins utility directly.
- Activate the plugin from the plug-in menu in WordPress.
- Add the shortcode wherever needed.
Q: What shortcode do I use?
A: [vict_year] displays the current year wherever you want.
A: No, you can use the shortcode wherever you want. But ofcourse it is a really good idea to use the shortcode in the footer/copyright section.
Q: where can I use the shortcode?
A: anywhere you can use an shortcode in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Current Year Shortcode VICT” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Current Year Shortcode VICT” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Current Year Shortcode VICT” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 6.2.
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 6.1. Changed minimal PHP and WordPress version.
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 6.0.
- Update: updated code for WordPress version 5.9.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.8 and updated the FAQ.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.7 and updated it.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.6 and updated the FAQ.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 5.5 and updated it.
- Update: checked code with WordPress version 4.5 and updated the Description.
- Update: changed Description, FAQ and screenshots.
- Bugfix: changed shortcode because of possible issues due to duplicate shortcodes within WordPress.
- Update: updated the Description and FAQ section with the new shortcode.
- First release of plugin