Cartpauj Register Captcha does one simple task, and does it well. It prevents SPAM signups through WordPress’s default registration form. There are no settings to configure or get confused with. Just activate and watch those SPAM sign-ups fade away! Cartpauj Register Captcha blocks bots by using two different methods to deter bots:
* Method 1, it adds a CAPTCHA code which can only be read by humans.
* Method 2, it adds a field which is only visible to bots — bots attempt to fill out all fields when they SPAM forms — so if we detect input in the hidden field, we know it was a bot, and the signup is rejected.
If you like this plugin please consider donating
- Adds CAPTCHA to the WordPress register sign-up form.
- Adds hidden honeypot input to further deter bots.
- NO settings or configurations to deal with.
- Can replace the default WordPress logo on the login/register form (see note near bottom of “cartpauj-register-captcha.php” file for the how to.
Cartpauj Register Captcha should work with older versions of WordPress as well but was not tested with anything older than 3.0
Icon by Freepik
Upload ‘cartpauj-register-captcha.zip’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Cartpauj Register Captcha” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Cartpauj Register Captcha” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed issue with font path thanks to imdavidau
- Added honeypot protection to further deter bot signups
- Initial release