Business Directory Plugin is the perfect solution for professionals who are looking for a simple directory website builder for WordPress! If you’re not tech savvy, no worries. You can quickly get started by installing this simple plugin. It doesn’t require any developer knowledge whatsoever on your end.
The Best Business Directory Plugin for WordPress
You’ve found the most popular, versatile, and easy to use WordPress directory plugin available. Increase interaction on your WordPress site, improve customer retention and add a generate revenue with our WordPress business directory plugin!
Our easy WordPress directory plugin allows you to take the listings you want and build a local directory, simple directory of providers, a real estate listings site, a Yellow-Pages directory, a Yelp clone with review sections, an address book directory, a book review site (like Goodreads), and much more.
Not only can you create business listings, but you can also build any other kind of listings directory. Build a team or employee directory, company directory, medical directory, and other web directory sites with our easy listing plugin.
Need a classifieds listings site? Try Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin — AWPCP.
Get Simple Listing Solutions
Here are just a few things our community is doing to build connections, help communities, and grow traffic with our directory website builder:
- Start a listing manager service for providers. (Like counselors, plumbers, electricians, house cleaning, locksmiths, therapists, wedding vendors, veterinarians, consultants, photographers, artists, authors, etc.)
- Make a Yelp-clone with reviews to connect travelers to hotels, tours, local businesses, and other visitor attractions.
- Help people find resources for a city or small community. (Like sporting club listings, a church directory, local farms with produce, and Chamber of Commerce.)
- Advertise businesses & sell listings to the owners.
- Offer listings as a membership feature.
- Help students make connections to study groups and an academic staff directory.
Create an online directory to become the “go to” source of your niche. Download Business Directory Plugin for WordPress now. It’s fast, easy, and flexible.
Free WordPress Listing Plugin Features
See all WordPress listing plugin features.
- Fully customizable form fields to submit listings
- Upload images per listing, allow restricted numbers of images based on plan
- Lots of image options: drag and drop image uploads, easy image ordering, primary image settings, thumbnail sizing and more
- Accept paid or free listings with Authorize.net
- Full support for recurring payments
- Allow for featured/sticky listings for an upgrade fee
- Widgets for Featured, Latest and Random listings, and a Search widget.
- Create multiple plans, which can be assigned to categories for posting
- Built in CSV import and export for easy directory listing creation
- Avoid spam listings with ReCaptcha
- Sorting options for categories, listings, and front-end for users to choose sort order
- Users who post can edit listings without access to the WP dashboard. Our directory software is a great listing manager.
- SEO Friendly using Yoast SEO, Rank Math, or All in One SEO
- Quick-search and sorting bar for listings for simple directory searches
- Advanced search screen with ability to show/hide fields available for search
- Mobile-friendly, responsive support when installed with a responsive theme
- Multilingual directories with WPML
- Integrates with popular plugins like NavXT Breadcrumbs and WP-PageNavi for easy use
Professional Directory Software Add-ons
Create an easy directory with more functionality with extra add-ons.
For a detailed list of features, please visit: BusinessDirectoryPlugin.com
- File Upload — Allow users to upload and manage attachments on listings. Include PDFs, text files, and images in business listings.
- Restrictions — Assign features to paid or sticky listing plans to give users incentive to upgrade.
- ZIP Code Search — ZIP code/postal code radius and proximity searches supporting a number of countries.
- Regions — Location based listing result filtering.
- Ratings and Reviews — Create reviews with connections to each listing to rate listings (with Schema.org microformat). It’s a WordPress review plugin!
- Google Maps — Display the geo location of the listing for a geo directory (categories, search, details — with custom map sizes)
- Discount Codes — Ability to offer discount codes based on a % or fixed amount with expirations.
- Claim Listings — Post claimable listings that other users can pay (or not) to claim.
- Enhanced Categories — Display images or icons with categories, with Parent-Child Categories.
Payment Gateways for Paid Listings (Premium)
- Stripe Gateway — Accept paid listings with Stripe payments.
- PayPal Gateway — Accept payments using PayPal.
- PayFast Gateway — Accept payments using PayFast.
- Authorize.net Gateway.
Premium Directory Themes
Transform your WP directory site the easy way with a few clicks. Our business directory templates are designed not to take over as a full WordPress theme.
- Elegant Grid Theme
- Modern Theme
- Business Card Theme
- Tabbed Theme
- Elegant Theme
- Mobile Compact Theme
- Restaurant Directory Theme
Please see our detailed Installation Guide for instructions on how to get going quickly with our business directory software.
Full documentation is also available.
What types of directories can I build?
Our directory website builder software combined with our add-on modules is the most powerful directory plugin on the market. The options are limitless. Here are a few types of directories you can create:
- Business listings
- Company directory
- Team directory
- Member directory
- Staff directory / Employee directory
- Hotel directory
- Medical directory
- Restaurant directory
- Church directory
- Travel review directories
- Software review sites
- Professional directory
- Local provider listings (like a Yelp clone)
- A Yellow Pages directory
- Online magazine listings
- Website listings
- Book review sites
Can I accept paid and free listings?
Yes it can. You can do this by creating plans for 0.00 and some other paid amount at the same time.
Do you have video tutorials for building WordPress directories?
Yes we do. They can be found here.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
Our WP directory plugin will work with any well-written, WP compliant theme. Generally speaking, paid themes tend to be higher quality than free ones.
Whatever theme you pick, we recommend using the Theme Check plugin (available for free on WordPress.org) to validate a theme. The more errors and warnings you see on the theme when you run that check, the worse the theme is. You can read more about it at https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/
Can I translate my web directories?
Yes! We offer many user-provided translations under the /languages folder. It is already available in the following languages:
And you can also easily translate it yourself.
Is this plugin compatible with WordPress Multisite (WPMU)?
Yes it is. However, you cannot «network activate» the plugin (as this will share the database). Activate it on only the sub sites you need it.
This can be done under Plugins -> Add New as the Administrator user. Do not «network activate» as the «super admin».
Contributors & Developers
“Business Directory Plugin — Easy Listing Directories for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Business Directory Plugin — Easy Listing Directories for WordPress” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- New: Add quick links to support and docs in the admin notification area.
- New: When sorting by rating, consider the rating count in addition to the average so listings with more ratings will be higher if they have the same average.
- Fix: Some sites were getting 404 errors on the single listing page.
- Fix: In Avada theme, listings were showing twice.
- Fix: A few updates for PHP 8.2 deprecation messages.
- Fix: When using a checkbox for categories, it wasn’t being correctly required when submiting a new listing.
- Fix: CSV import was failing when there was an ‘enter’ in a field.
- Fix: A conflict with the Custom Start Date plugin with Woocommerce was causing an «Invalid Nonce» error.
- Fix: Listing titles in taxonomy pages with The7 theme.
- Fix: Image sorting with Classic editor plugin.
- Fix: Image upload bug while editing the listing.
- Fix: Show the correct number of allowed images to upload after changing the plan in admin meta boxes.
- Fix: Listing titles in taxonomy pages were showing in the sidebar
- Fix: The admin listing tables had misaligned pagination
- Fix: The fields on the contact form were not using consistent sizing
- Fix: German translation for «Your message has been sent».
- Hide content that might be added by other plugins on BD admin pages.
- Fix: Only load widget and BD theme CSS when needed.
- Fix: Revert a change from previous release that shows the URL instead of label.
- New: Add ‘wpbdp_button_class’ hook for adding a button class to match existing buttons.
- New: Better match Divi buttons out of the box.
- Fix: Resolve a conflict with RankMath.
- Fix: Expired listings on recurring plans was not renewable.
- Fix: The Claim Listings settings link made following links unclickable.
- Fix: Icons now work with URL fields.
- Fix: Strings with ‘listings’ that are translated with _n can now be customized.
- Fix: Fail more gracefully when a CSV file fails to upload.
- Fix: Fail more gracefully when a logged out user has no available plans.
- Refactor the CSS for base elements.
- Fix: Listing titles were not always showing.
- Fix: Resolve some CSS issues on the single page.
- Fix: The BD sidebar didn’t fill the page in cases where the WP admin nav was short.
- Update: Users with the Editor role can manage listings in the admin area.
- New: The default theme styles are now minified.
- Fix: Editors, Authors, and Contributors see the navigation sidebar now.
- Fix: Editors were getting an extra link in the admin menu that led to a 404 page.
- Fix: On some sites, admin pages were timing out when loading the menu icons.
- Fix: Listing titles were not always showing in the Enfold theme.
- Dev/update: All PHP codes are beautified.
- Update: The «Add New Listing» button on the backend was redirecting to the front end, but now it remains in the backend.
- Fix: The Download Premium notice stays dismissed after the click.
- New: New payments made in test mode will now show as test payments. Any new test payments will be excluded from the plan stats.
- New: The sample CSV file for imports can now be downloaded to use as a template.
- New: Use the front-end form to submit listings for admins too.
- New: When editing a listing in the admin area without a plan selected, make it clear that the plan is missing and automatically scroll to the plan setting.
- Fix: Resolve the PHP 8 error when uploading some attachments.
- Fix: When a BD theme is installed without a license, show a more clear message instead of «Invalid».
- Use h3 tags in the excerpt listings for better accessibility.
- Fix: Images uploaded with sideload were failing. This fixes migration imports.
- Fix: The unistall process wasn’t progressing past asking why.
- Fix: After creating the required pages, hide the message.
- Fix: Page titles weren’t showing up correctly in the Enfold theme or when CPT integration was off.
- Fix: The «Clear form» link on the submit listing page was redirecting to the wrong page when embedded with a shortcode.
- Remove old deprecated businessdirectory-category.tpl.php template.
- Fix: Highlight the menu in the sidebar for Content tabs more consistently.
- Fix: Replace old references to «author» with «listing owner».