** IMPORTANT **
This plugin has been updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
This plugin will convert #hashtags references to a link (activity search page) posted to the activity stream
Works on the same filters as the @atusername mention filter (see Extra Configuration if you want to enable this on blog/comments activity) — this will convert anything with a leading #
Warning: This plugin converts #hashtags prior to database insert/update. Uninstalling this plugin will not remove #hashtags links from the activity content.
Please note: accepted pattern is:
[#]([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+) — all linked hashtags will have a css a.hashtag — currently does not support unicode.
Also works with
- BuddyPress Edit Activity Stream plugin 0.3.0 or greater
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Ajax Notifier plugin
- Author’s Site
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags — About Page
- BuddyPress and bbPress Developer Hook and Filter API Reference
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- What pattern is matched?
The regex looks for /#/ within the content and will proceed to replace anything matching /(^|\s|\b)#myhashtag/
- Can this be enabled with other content?
Possible — try applying the filter
See extra configuration
- Why convert #hashtags into links before the database save?
The trick with activity search_terms (which is used for @atmentions) is the ending since BuddyPress’s sql for searching is %%term%% so #child would match #children
- What url is used?
you may define a slug for hashtags via the admin settings page
- My question isn’t answered here
Please contact me on http://etivite.com
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- BUG: fix network admin settings page on multisite
- FEATURE: support for locale mo files
- BUG: updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
- FEATURE: added admin options — no more functions.php config line items
- BuddyPress 1.2.6 and higher
- Bug: if html is allowed and color: #fff was used, was converting the attribute
- Bug: if #test was used, other #test1 was linked to #test
- Bug: Added display_comments=true to activity loop to display all instances of a hashtag search (thanks r-a-y!)
- Feature: RSS feed for a hashtag (adds head rel and replaces activity rss link)
- Feature: Added filter for hashtag activity title
- Bug: Filtering hashtags (thanks r-a-y!)
- First [BETA] version