WordPress Benchmark runs a benchmark test on your WordPress server’s CPU, database and network speed to give you a measure of how fast your WordPress server is.
Benchmark will then send your data anonymously to a central database and will in return get back the average CPU, database and network benchmarks to show
you how your WordPress server compares against the industry average.
Benchmark is a great way to compare hosting providers and the quality of their servers. You can use the scores provided to compare CPU speed, network speed and database speed.
To install Benchmark:
- Go to your “Plugins” menu and select “Add New”.
- Do a search on “benchmark” and you’ll find this plugin.
- Select “install” and complete the installation.
- Go to the new “Benchmark” menu option that appears and follow the instructions.
- Remember that we send your server speed and any review data you enter to our central database but the data is anonymous.
- What data do you send to your server about my site?
- We don’t send your hostname, email or any personaly identifiable information.
- We send your CPU, database and network speed and any review data that you choose to enter.
- Will Benchmark slow my site down?
Benchmark only runs when you choose to run it and will not consume any additional resources when you’re not running it manually.
The actual benchmark takes a few seconds and your visitors won’t notice any difference.
Contributors & Developers
“Benchmark” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Benchmark” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Clarified installation instructions
- Initial release.