Give your bbPress forum users the ability to report inappropriate content or spam in topics or replies. This plugin adds a “report” admin link to topics and replies, when clicked, the topic/reply is assigned a post status of “User Reported”.
All logged-in users can report content and see that a topic has been reported, only Moderators and up can un-report the content. Integrates with the standard Topic admin screens.
When a topic is reported, a banner is shown at the top of the page indicating that the topic has been reported as inappropriate. For replies, a message is added within the reply, before the content.
Requires bbPress 2.4+.
bbPress — Report Content is fully internationalized and ready for translation:
The following translations are currently available:
- Croatian (hr) — Sanjin Barac
- Finnish (fi) — Marko Kaartinen
- French (fr_FR) — Matthieu Durocher
- German (de_DE) — Alexander Ihrig
- Italian (it_IT) — Barbara Lerici
- Polish (pl_PL) — Paulina
- Spanish (es_ES) — Andrew Kurtis — WebHostingHub
New language packs, or updates to existing ones, can be sent via GitHub or by contacting me.
Active development happens on Github: https://github.com/jjeaton/bbpress-report-content. PRs welcome!
- Upload the
bbpress-report-contentfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Can I see which user reported the content as inappropriate?
The user who reported the topic or reply is stored as post meta and displayed as a column on the “User Reported” view.
Contributors & Developers
“bbPress — Report Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “bbPress — Report Content” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.5 — 2014-11-12
- Enhancement — Croatian translation (props Sanjin Barac)
- Enhancement — Italian translation (props Barbara Lerici)
- Enhancement — Add “reported” or “unreported” classes to the report/unreport links to signify current state.
- Fix — Require bbPress to be activated before loading.
- Fix — Errors in es_ES translation (props Barbara Lerici)
- Tweak — Updated POT file to add new strings.
1.0.4 — 2014-02-11
- Enhancement — German translation (props Alexander Ihrig)
1.0.3 — 2014-01-31
- Enhancement — Polish translation (props Paulina)
- Enhancement — Finnish translation (props Marko Kaartinen)
1.0.2 — 2014-01-30
- Fix — Plugin was loading the wrong directory for language files.
- Fix — Modify all textdomain strings and update POT file
- Fix — Make
get_reply_report_linkpublic so it can be used to output the report link elsewhere.
- Enhancement — Spanish Translation (props Andrew Kurtis)
- Enhancement — French Translation (props Matthieu Durocher)
1.0.1 — 2013-10-13
- Fix — Issue where bbPress feeds were only showing “reported” topics/replies.
- Initial release