Add the power of AI algorithms to your WordPress website!
Algorithmia is a scalable microservices platform that provides AI Algorithms you can call from an API. This plugin uses the Algorithmia PHP client and wraps three of those algorithms (noted below) and provides a template you can use to easily add any algorithm from the marketplace to your website.
Installing this plugin and adding your Algorithmia API key (sign-up required) will allow you to:
- Auto-tagging (in alt-text) of uploaded image files — Upload an image file and an algorithm will recognize the objects in your image and add the lables automatically to your alt-text. This is important for SEO and helpful for categorizing your photos.
- Nudity detection of uploaded image files — An algorithm will detect nudity in an uploaded image and either tag it as ‘nudity’ in the alt-text or optionally block the upload (depending on your settings).
- Post summarizer — Every post will be summarized into a brief sentence or two and the summary pre-pended to the post! This is a fun example of how to add your own algorithm to this plugin.
This plugin is meant to be a platform that developers can use to easily add new algorithms.
1. First, browse to the Algorithmia Marketplace and discover one of the many algorithms available that you want to use in your website.
1. Determine which WordPress hook or filter you want to add to insert some artificial intelligence into the workflow.
1. Copy one of the examples that you can find in this plugin’s /algorithms directory, rename it and edit it with your developer ninja skills.
1. Repeat! and be amazed at how easy it is to add AI to your site with just a single API call!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Register for an account on https://algorithmia.com and take note of your API key.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/algorithmia-aidirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Algorithmia screen to configure the plugin (including adding in your API key)
- Do I need to Register for Algorithmia?
Yes. Visit algorithmia.com to register.
- What other algorithms are supported?
This plugin currently supports image object detection, nudity detection, and text summarization — but any Algorithmia API can be integrated. Use this plugin as a template and visit algorithmia.com/algorithms to find other APIs.
Contributors & Developers
“Algorithmia” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release of (old) content recommendation widget.
- Complete rewrite using official Algorithmia PHP Client
- Require trunk of algorithmiaio/algorithmia-php (PHP 5.6-7 compatible)