Advanced Most Recent Posts Widget displays your recent posts with thumbnail images (optional). It gets posts from selected categories or current category or all categories. When your visitors are at home, it gets posts from all posts or selected category. If you set ‘Get posts from current category’, when visitors see single post, widget lists posts in the same category of single post or when visitors click a category link, it gets posts from current category.
Notice: This widget requires at least 2.8.
Widget’s options allow you to change your recent posts list displaying.
Your recent posts widget’s title on your sidebar.
Number of posts to show:
How many posts to display
Excerpt length (letters)
You know that
Thumbnail Custom Field Name
If you want to display the thumbnail of your posts via a custom field, write its name.
Height — Width
Get first image of post
If you don’t want to use custom field, plugin will get first image from your post content.
Get first attached image of post
Plugin gets first attached image of post.
If post has no image, plugin display this image. Ex: http://www.yakupgovler.com/default-image.png
Notice: If you use three options, plugin uses custom field image firstly. If the post has no custom field, it gets first image from content. At last it gets first attached image. I suggest not to use “Get first image of post” for performance. It queries much more.
Plugin gets posts in these categories. (Category IDs, separated by commas.)
Get posts from current category:
Posts will be get from current category (single post’s category or current category).
- Make sure you are running WordPress version 2.8 or better. It won’t work with older versions.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘advanced-most-recent-posts’ folder (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP.
- See ‘Appearance’->’Widgets’ to place it on your sidebar. Set the settings.
- How can I set it to get posts from current category?
Select checkbox on widget’s settings called ‘Get posts from current category’.
- I want to display only the posts in two categories.
You have to write their category’s ids -seperated with a comma- to ‘Categories’ textbox.
- I don’t use Widgets. How can use this widget?
Please, visit my website.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Most Recent Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Advanced Most Recent Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed a bug. If you don’t set image dimensions, it displays thumbnail wrong.
- Initial release version.