This plugin adds a column to wp-admin “All Posts” and “All Pages” views displaying the URL path and Slug for each one. This will also show the nested path if a page is a child post of a parent. If a post or page is not published we’ll do our best to determine the url path and display that slightly greyed out for quick reference as it’s technically not an official URL path or Slug yet. This should also work for custom post types of type page or post, and furthermore this should now, as of v1.6, also display Multibyte characters in slugs for non-latin languages too.
I initially built this out of necessity to quickly identify pages by their slug/path as sometimes the titles that clients used did’t match up nicely with the URL slug on the front-end of the site; so here’s a fast way to do that. Nothing fancy, just does what it does.
Do you have a feature you’d like or a bug you’ve found? Feel free to make an issue on the github repo.
- Upload the
admin-slug-columndirectory to the
- Activate the Admin Slug Column plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Posts or Pages and see the column showing your slug
- Choose to hide/show the slug column in “Screen Options” tab up top
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Slug Column” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Admin Slug Column” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date — 2022-05-21
- tested on 6.0-RC4
- [feature] Multibyte characters are now supported
- [feature] Now on draft, pending, or scheduled posts/pages instead of the ?page_id= showing we display the URL path.
- [fix] Made sure child pages displayed the URL path correctly in all instances
-  Regarding the version bump from 0.5 to 1.6. The plugin’s been in production forever, I always joked that nothing is every fully not-beta but that joke isn’t always appreciated SO… it’s a v1 release and .6 major change since inception. It’s only coincidence that 1.6.0 matches with WordPress 6.0 release (didn’t plan that).
Release Date — 2019-06-15
- [fix] pages now show the full URL path now after the domain.tld, posts still just the slug
- tested on 5.2.2
Release Date — 2018-10-26
- [fix] a sorting issue (sadly doesn’t work with parent slug feature (below))
- [feature] pages now have a root slash and will show the /parent/child slug now
- added plugin banner and icon for WordPress repo
- tested to 5.0-beta
Release Date — 2017-11-14
- tested to 4.9
Release Date — 2017-06-14
- tested to 4.8.x
- [feature] makes the slug column sortable in posts/pages screens
- [fix] swapped out deprecated wp function get_page
- [security] escape output
- [security] only load in admin
Release Date — 2015-04-27
- wp code formatting
- tested to 4.2
Release Date — 2014-09-04
- basic cleanup
- tested to 4.0
Release Date — 2013-05-07
- make oop and class
- Initial version to github; rough; makes slug columns yay