Add external media from a supported oEmbed provider (YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitter, …) to the media library
- Upload the extracted plugin folder and contained files to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Does this plugin import the actual external media content into the library?
No, external media attachments just contain URL references to the original resources
- How can I show an external media attachment with the specified width and height?
$oembed = new WP_oEmbed();
$oembed_width = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, ‘_oembed_width’, true );
$oembed_height = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, ‘_oembed_height’, true );
echo $oembed->get_html( wp_get_attachment_url( $attachment->ID ), array( ‘width’ => $oembed_width, ‘height’ => $oembed_height ) );
- Why are the width and height settings in some external media attachments being ignored?
Some service providers, such as Twitter and Instagram, have a maximum and minimum allowed width and ignore the height setting completely
Contributors & Developers
“Add External Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add WP 5.3 support
- Code refactoring
- Hooking the plugin’s enqueue function into “wp_enqueue_media” instead of “admin_enqueue_scripts”
- Use language packs exclusively
- Language filenames updated
- Text domain changed to match the plugin’s slug
- Initial release