An add-on for Advanced Custom Fields to allow users to select from a list of color choices. Setting up the field works exactly like setting up a radio button list, the main difference being that the key will also be used to style the element.
This is useful for allowing users to pick from a limited selection of colors, rather than enter an arbitrary hex value or choose from a color picker.
Supports all of the following color formats:
- hex: #FF0000
- rgb: rgb(255,0,0)
- rgba: rgba(255,0,0, 1)
- hsl: hsl(0,100%,50%)
- hsla: hsla(0,100%,50%, 1)
- name: red
Note: you may also use
none to show a transparent swatch with a checkerboard background.
This ACF field type is compatible with:
- ACF 4
- ACF 5 (PRO version)
- Make sure to have Advanced Custom Fields plugin installed.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the plugin while creating custom fields
Contributors & Developers
“ACF Color Swatches” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
4/25/18 — v1.0.7
- issue — Fixed bug with returning value instead of array
10/23/17 — v1.0.6
10/23/17 — v1.0.5
- fa93a8b — Add return value option
2/13/17 — v1.0.4
- 44912a6 — Allow inclusion within theme
10/21/16 — v1.0.3-rc.1
- 7bdc1d2 — Improved composer instructions
10/7/16 — v1.0.3
- 9d733d9 — Add composer.json
- Added readme.txt for WordPress plugin database
5/19/16 — v1.0.3-alpha
- 0b1b7f6 — Added support for ACF5
11/9/15 — v1.0.2
- Added checkerboard pattern to indicate transparency
- Added subtle border to show swatches that match the background color
10/14/15 — v1.0.1
- Improved browser / OS support by replacing input elements with block elements
9/20/15 — v1.0.0
- Initial Release